Lowest Cost of Production
Thermal transfer compared to inkjet technology means 50% reduction of total production costs over time. The Rimage Medical Disc Device is the optimum DICOM CD/DVD production system to save production costs with unmatched performance and lowest total cost of ownership. This example shows typical production costs for 50 patient CDs per day over three and five years.
The Rimage Medical Disc Device was designed and developed specifically for the medical market. It fits perfectly with your DICOM patient CD manufacturing requirements as it provides seamless integration with most PACS and medical imaging/information systems.
Medical Disc Device Specifications
|Number of Recorders||2|
|Carousel / Total Capacity||3 bins / 150 discs|
|External Output Bin Capacity||5 discs (optional 50-disc external output bin)|
|HDD Storage||User Supplied|
|Operating Systems||User Supplied|
|Network Adapters||User Supplied|
|Expansion Slots||User Supplied|
|Height||19 in / 48.3 cm|
|Width||14.8 in / 37.6 cm|
|Depth*||19.5 / 49.5 cm|
|Weight||69 lb. / 31 kg|
|Power Specifications||100-240 VAC, 60/50 Hz, 3.4-2.4 AMP, 500 watt Maximum|
*Allow space (3.5” or 9 cm) in rear of machine for cabling.
Every Rimage Medical Disc Device disc publishing system includes the Rimage Software Suite (RSS), a complete set of software unlocking the full potential of the Rimage system. The suite includes tools to submit and manage print and record jobs, create unique artwork for each disc, monitor and control system operation of one or a number of Rimage systems, and integrate into workflows to fully automate disc publishing.
Rimage Software Suite contains:
- CD Designer™ provides users the ability to create, import, and customize graphics to be printed on your disc surface.
- QuickDisc™ allows users to assemble and submit projects to their Rimage system.
- Rimage System Manager allows users to fully control and monitor all Rimage systems from any location on the network. View the status of jobs, configure bins and get accurate available media counts to keep production flowing.
- Rimage Services includes Production Server to control the hardware and manage all aspects of printing and recording, Image Server to create a wide range of disc formats with options such as image encryption with password protection, and other Rimage services that enable the functionality of client software tools.
For maximum flexibility, RSS also includes web clients for Windows® and Mac OS® that provide the same capability, but without the need to install any software:
- WebQD™ extends primary functionality of QuickDisc to any computer with network access to the Rimage system and a web browser.
- WebRSM™ extends the functionality of Rimage System Manager to any computer with network access to the Rimage system and a web browser.
Available upon request at no charge to Rimage disc publishing users simply by contacting Rimage Support:
- Software Developer Kit (SDK) includes the APIs (Application Programming Interface) and information needed to integrate the Rimage with other software and automate the Rimage system in custom workflows.
See the software page for full details about each software component and RSS release history.Explore Software
Rimage Service and Support is the industry leader in delivering high-quality world-wide service with superior response times that maximize your return on investment. Rimage Service and Support offerings are designed to meet the level of service you need.
For Medical Disc Device Series, Rimage Service and Support options are:
- Next Business Day On-Site, Rimage’s most comprehensive service and support offering, is ideal for those who require “hands-free” maintenance where a Rimage authorized technician arrives the next business day to replace the malfunctioning unit or parts, test, and prepare replaced items for return shipment to Rimage. Includes Software Subscription and Support.
- Rapid Exchange gives you speed and value with next business day advanced delivery of a replacement unit or printer for you to install. Includes Software Subscription and Support.
- Exchange gives you value and peace of mind with 4-5 business day delivery of a replacement unit or applicable parts for you to install. Includes Software Subscription and Support.
- Onsite Installation and Training ensures that both your Rimage system and your operators are fully prepared for production.
With Rimage, you can be assured of quality world-wide service, immediate response times, and unrivaled high-value maintenance agreements. When you choose Rimage, you choose success.
See the Service and Support page for full details about each service and support option.Service and Support
For complete Warranty information and details of Maintenance Agreement Terms and Conditions, please see our Legal page.Legal
Rimage printable CD/DVD/BD media is engineered to achieve an exceptional, professional look, helping you treat every project like it’s your most important one. Whether you purchase single layer CD or DVD, single or dual layer Blu-ray, silver or white discs, Rimage media is sourced to exact specifications. Discs are taken through rigorous quality assurance processes and manufactured to the tolerances required for Rimage robotic and printing systems.
Rimage media is designed to work together with Rimage ribbons and ink cartridges for extraordinary print quality and data integrity, and is matched precisely to your system’s specifications for faster write speeds and error-free operation.
Everest® discs contain a special top coating optimized for Rimage printers, resulting in better print quality and system performance. Your finished Everest disc is scratch-proof, waterproof, fade-resistant, and UV protected.
Make a great impression.
With Rimage thermal ribbons, you get the very best from your Everest printer. The three-paneled CMY ribbons make full-color artwork come to life with levels of sharpness and detail unique to Rimage printers. For black and white images or simple black text, monochrome ribbons are ideal for high resolution, full-coverage, and superior grayscale printing. Retransfer ribbons bring it all together by fusing artwork and data to the discs, making sure that with every job—big or small—you’ll consistently print images and text that will not fade, scratch or smudge for the life of the disc.
Everest 400 Ribbon Features
- High-resolution images with 400dpi
- Fixed yields and predictable cost per printed disc
- Provides scratch proof, waterproof, fade resistant and UV protected printing
- Optimized for use with Everest 400 printers
- Available for purchase in single packs or in Rimage Media Kits
Only Rimage media is approved and guaranteed. For full details, view the Rimage Optical Media Guarantee.
See the supplies page for additional information about ribbons, inkjet cartridges, media, media kits, and warranty/guarantee.Explore Supplies